Date: July 4th, 2015.
Who Can Race/Participate: Everyone – woohoo! Event insurance has been purchased for this race, a MCA license is not required to participate.
Location: The race start finish is located at the Birch Trails, just southwest of Roseisle Manitoba.
Onsite Registration: If you wish to register onsite the price jumps to $60.00 per individual – no price breaks for additional family members (really, it makes our lives a lot easier when you pre-register). Waivers for adults, and waivers those under 18 (must be the age of 15 or over) will be available at the race. Payments by cash and cheque only.
Ages: 15+ as of December 31, 2015
Distances: (best guestimate) 33km (1 lap), 66km (2 laps), 100 km (3 laps):
Start times: 8:00 AM for the 3 lap; 9:00 AM for the 2 lap; and 10:00 AM for the 1 lap
Costs: Pre-registration: $40 for individual, $25 for each additional family member; entry includes food ticket and eligibility for draw prizes. Onsite registration: $60 for individual, entry includes food ticket and eligibility for draw prizes.
- All racers shall act in a responsible and respectful manner to other riders, the organizers, the landowners, spectators, and any and all public they encounter. THIS IS REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT!!! Why is this important, inappropriate behaviour can ruin it for everyone like it did here.
- All racers shall respect the environment – NO LITTERING!!! You drop that gel wrapper you go back and pick it up
- All racers bikes must operate a bicycle with both front and rear working brakes.
- All racers must wear a CSA approved helmet while riding on OR off-course (even the parking lot).
- Riders shall act and race with caution and respect for their fellow racers. They shall be held responsible for any accidents that they cause.
- It is a racer’s responsibility to familiarizing yourself with the race course before the race (look at the map and keep your head up at all intersections!).
- A racer must act in a sporting manner at all times and shall permit any faster rider to overtake without obstructing.
- If a rider exits the course for any reason, he/she must return to the course at the same point from which they exited.
- Music players and electronic devises are NOT allowed by any racers during any events
- Handlebars must have end caps.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the course, including the feed zone.
- The organizer and/or officials retains the full right to refuse any racer from racing.
Cut off times for the 3 lap race will be enforced, you will not be permitted to start your last lap after each cutoff. The 100 km race is intended for strong and experienced cyclists
The 1 lap event will be a laid back affair and will involve a coffee break and scavenger hunt/quiz.
Washrooms are available at the race site
Race Map and GPX Files:
To get a GPX or TCX file of the course go to this page, on the right side of the page select the EXPORT link, select the file type you require by putting a check mark in the appropriate box and then click on the link of the file type (orange font colour). Sorry we cannot help you with loading this onto your GPS device.