Special thanks goes out to: Colin Antya (chief commissaire), Manny Bairos (commissaire), Lorraine Horton (commissaire), Chris Whitmore (medic), Kim Mitchell (registration), Jen Baker, Noah Baker, Doug Baker, Cole Baker (registration and everything else), Lesley Gaudry (hot chocolate and cinnamon bun slinger).
Thanks to the OCC team for course setup and take down, and the ABES for helping with take down. We apologize if we missed anyone.
Also, take a minute to fill out this little survey about the race, help us make it better for next year.
Lost and found: (well, all found, actually): the following was left at St. Malo. Items will be at registration area in Altona, or if you want them sooner, send Ian an email - Orange Cabela’s shirt, AE seat bag, Cannondale gloves, Sock Guy arm warmers.
See you Sunday
Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013
Location: St Malo Provincial Park
- 9:00 – Registration and sign-in. Registration opens at 9:00 and closes 30 minutes prior to your event, please arrive in plenty of time to register for your event
- 10:30 – 1st event: CX 4 male and female, U13 male and female and U15 male and female racers with less racing experience, and MCA citizen. Duration: approximately 30 minutes
- 11:30 – 2nd (kids event): U11 kids and younger, U13 kids with less racing experience; male and female. Duration: approximately 20 minutes
- 12:30 – 3rd event – CX 3 male, CX 1/2/3 female. Duration: approximately 40 minutes
- 1:45 – 4th event: CX 1/2 male. Duration 60 approximately minutes
- See category breakdown and explanation here
Assembly and Seeding:
Riders in the C, B and A races will assemble 10 minutes before the scheduled race
start and will be called to the start line in seeded order. Seeding is based on placement
in previous races and the results of 2012. Riders who have not raced yet will start at
the back of their group. Those that do not pre-register will be placed at the back of the pack.
Register Online (closes Friday, October 3rd at midnight)
Registration opens at 9:00 AM and ends 30 minutes before your event. You must hold a
UCI/CCA racing license, MCA citizen license, KOM license. Kids (U11) may race license free.
Season pass holders must register online
If you are registering in person please download the entry form and waiver, complete both and bring to the race. If you come to the race without forms completed you risk missing your race due to congestion at the registration desk.
All riders (including those with season’s passes) must hand in a waiver and show their
license to the commissaries.
- Season pass holders must register online
- $20 + registration fee for CX 1, 2, 3, and 4 racers – online registration
- $30 + registration fee for race day registration for CX – cash or cheques only (make cheques out to “Olympia Cycling Club”
- $5 for citizen’s racers. Cash or cheques (make cheques out to “Olympia Cycling Club”
- Free for Kids (U11, U9 and under).
- Hand-ups (food, water, tools, supplies, or anything else) are not allowed anywhere on the course. A rider may NOT take on any additional water or food at any time during the race.
- Mechanical work, bike exchange, and wheel exchange may take place only within the designated pit lane. Riders may never cut across the course and may never backtrack
along the course to get to the pit lane. For more information see the poster at sign-in.
- Road, mountain, and cyclocross bikes are allowed depending on race. MTB handlebars must not have bar-ends in any of the races. All bikes must have functional front and rear brakes in all of the races. Tires in the A race are restricted to a maximum width of 35mm. Bikes in the A race must have traditional road style handlebars (drop bars). More details are available on the CXMB blog
- Riders are required to wear a hard-shell ANSI or SNELL approved helmet while racing,
warming up, and cooling down.
Parking is available in the parking lot.
Courtesy and Safety:
The park is a public area and will be marked as closed, but marshals do not have
authority to prevent people from entering. Keep your head up at all times.
Be courteous to all park users. Please clean up after yourself.
Outhouses are available.
Refreshments will be available. We are excited to have Parlour Coffee as an event sponsor. Pre-registered riders and volunteers will be treated to espresso. Additional shots will be available for purchase.
Presented by OCC. Should be a great session for anyone interested in sharpening their cyclocross skills. A rare opportunity to learn from a National Team racer with extensive national/international experience. Register online at BikeReg.com. Everyone welcome, MCA membership not required (event insurance provided through MCA).
Event page on Facebook is here.