Race Organizers: Olympia Cycling Club, Two Wheel Revolution
Race Date: May 24, 2014
Race Format: XC Race – Mass start with your entire category. Lap counts depend on what category you are in.
Location:The Grand Beach trails are located in Grand Beach Provincial Park. To find the trails go to the Park’s East Gate, turn right at the Cross Country Ski Trails, 200 meters past the East Gate entrance. Stay to the left to get to the trail head
- Registration Opens – 8:30
- Kids Pre-ride: (U7, U9, U11, U13) – 8:30-9:30
- Event 1: U7/U9 (male and female) – 10:00
- Event 2: U11, U13 (male and female) – 11:00
- Change course for next events: 12:00
- U15 through Elite Pre-ride: 12:30 – 13:15
- Event 3: Elite, Expert, Comp, Sport Senior, Sport Junior U17, U15, U17, U15 (male and female) – 1:30
- Prizes 4:00
Registration: Walk up registration
On-site registration opens at 9:00am and ends 30 minutes before your event. You must hold a UCI/CCA racing license or a MCA citizen license. Please download the entry form and waiver, fill out and bring the completed form and waiver to the race.
- Pre-Registration: 18 + $25, U18 and under are $10 for those holding a UCI/CCA/MCA license.
- On-Site Registration: 18 + $40, U18 and under are $15 for those holding a UCI/CCA/MCA license
- Free to citizens holding a MCA citizen license. You must have either a UCI/CCA/MCA race license or MCA citizen license & it must be presented at time of registration.
- Cash and cheque only, please make cheques out to the Olympia Cycling Club.
- Elite, male and female
- Expert, male and female
- Comp, male and female
- Sport Senior (19+), male and female
- Sport Junior (U19), male and female
- Citizen, male and female
- U17, male and female
- U15, male and female
- U13, male and female
- U11, male and female
- U9, male and female
- U7, male and female
Race Time by Category:
Race times will vary, but will be approximately 30 minutes for Citizen, 45 – 75 minutes for Sport/Comp and up to 90 minutes for Elite & Expert.
Refreshments and a light snack is included with all registrations
Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each category for categories U15 through to Elite. U13 and under will receive a prize. There will be a draw for additional merchandise.
The course will between 7 and 9km in length. The length will be determined by the weather for that day. The surface will be a combination of hard packed trails, loose sand, and gravel. There are large and small rock to go around and over, including roots. The course is a combination of single and double track and is up and down in nature with few flat sections.
- All racers bikes must operate a bicycle with both front and rear working brakes.
- All racers must wear a CSA approved helmet while riding on OR off-course (even the parking lot).
- Riders shall act and race with caution and respect for their fellow racers. They shall be held responsible for any accidents that they cause.
- Racers must have their license with them at all times during a race event.
- It is a racer’s responsibility to familiarizing yourself with the race course before the race (marshals will not be obligated to give out directions to confused riders).
- A racer must act in a sporting manner at all times and shall permit any faster rider to overtake without obstructing.
- If a rider exits the course for any reason, he/she must return to the course at the same point from which they exited.
- Music players and electronic devises are NOT allowed by any racers during any events.
- Sleeveless jerseys are NOT allowed.
- You can only wear a jersey of a club or team you currently belong to, no pro team jerseys that you are not a member of; if you do not belong to a club wear any jersey that is not a pro jersey nor a club jersey where you are not a member of that club.
- Handlebars must have end caps.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the course, including the feed zone.
- The organizer and/or officials retains the full right to refuse any racer from racing.
- Please consult the UCI and CCA rules to see all applicable rules and regulations
Parking is available at the site.
Courtesy and Safety:
The course is open and the public can access the course at any point. Signs will indicate that bike race is in progress, but be aware that marshals do not have authority to prevent people from entering the course. Keep your head up at all times. Be courteous to others.
Washrooms (outhouse) will be open.