Host Club: Olympia Cycling Club
Race Organizer: Hal Loewen – 204.299.5872
Date: June 20
Location: Bur Oak Trails are located in Birds Hill Park. Turn right off of Highway 59 at the Park entrance. Proceed to the Park gate. After you go through the gate (there are no park fees for 2010) stay on South Drive (veer left), the Bur Oak parking lot will be on your right.
Driving Directions: Google Maps point to point directions from Winnipeg
- Registration and sign in: 5:30 – 6:30 (U9 – U13 must register and sign in by 6:00)
- Event #1: U9, U11, U13 – 6:30 p.m.
- Event #2: Team Relay (Open, Mixed and Female)
Team Relay – Teams of three compete in a three lap race. Here is how the format will work:
- Teams can be open, mixed, and female, it can be a mix of any age and category
- Teams are signed in at registration
- Riders who do not have a team should use the comment section below to seek teammates, show up at the race and we will do our best to find you a team
- The start of the race is staggered, the first rider for each team will leave in 10 second intervals, you must allow faster riders to pass when it is safe to do so.
- Each rider runs one lap
- Teams exchange riders in the transition area by tagging their teammate (touching their back, slapping hands, etc…)
- You must make contact in the transition area (it will be set up so that you will have to slow down before you enter the transition area so safe transitions can be made)
- Only the exchange rider can be in the transition area – no other riders allowed.
- The teams time is given when the last rider of the team crosses the finish line.
- This is a fun event so we encourage you to mix it up, ride with someone you have not ridden before.
Race day registration only
Registration opens at 17:30 and ends 1 hour before your event. You must hold a UCI/CCA racing licence or a MCA citizen licence. Registration and waiver forms are available online and at the race site. Please download the form and waiver, fill out and bring the completed form and waiver to the race.
Relay teams $30, U13 and under $5 for those holding a UCI/CCA/MCA license. Free to citizens holding a MCA citizen license. You must have either a UCI/CCA/MCA race license or MCA citizen licesne. Cash and cheque only. Make cheques out to the Olympia Cycling Club
Race Time by Category:
This should take between 55 and 65 minutes per team
The course will between 7 and 9km in length. The length will be determined by the weather for that day. The surface will be a combination of hard packed trails, loose sand, and gravel. There are large and small rock to go around and over, including roots. The course is a combination of single and double track and is up and down in nature with few flat sections.
- All racers bikes must operate a bicycle with both front and rear working brakes.
- All racers must wear a CSA approved helmet while riding on OR off-course (even the parking lot).
- Riders shall act and race with caution and respect for their fellow racers. They shall be held responsible for any accidents that they cause.
- Racers must have their license with them at all times during a race event.
- It is a racer’s responsibility to familiarizing yourself with the race course before the race (marshals will not be obligated to give out directions to confused riders).
- A racer must act in a sporting manner at all times and shall permit any faster rider to overtake without obstructing.
- If a rider exits the course for any reason, he/she must return to the course at the same point from which they exited.
- Music players and electronic devises are NOT allowed by any racers during any events.
- Sleeveless jerseys are NOT allowed.
- You can only wear a jersey of a club or team you currently belong to, no pro team jerseys that you are not a member of; if you do not belong to a club wear any jersey that is not a pro jersey nor a club jersey where you are not a member of that club.
- The current, defending Manitoba Cup winners should wear their Manitoba Cup jersey at cup races. Previous years jerseys should not be worn by previous winners. Handlebars must have end caps.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the course, including the feed zone.
Parking is available at the site.
Courtesy and Safety:
The course is open and the public can access the course at any point. Signs will indicate that bike race is in progress , but be aware that marshals do not have authority to prevent people from entering the course. Keep your head up at all times. Be courteous to others.
Washrooms will be open and are outhouse